Basically, braces are for restoring the alignment of teeth. Some people have uneven teeth or outward teeth, this makes them feel uncomfortable and lowers their self-esteem and confidence. Braces are one of the most effective ways to keep your teeth in the desired alignment.
With the changing time and techniques, these days along with traditional metal braces there are many more techniques that are helping people to align their teeth. At Dr. Vijay’s Dental Spa, you will give the right braces treatment that suits the best for your teeth.
-> Dental braces are wire-based appliances that are orthodontics treatment fixed on the teeth to correct irregularly placed or forwardly placed and misaligned teeth jaws.
-> Dental braces offer corrective treatment for
Over crowned or crooked teeth
Too much space between teeth
The upper front teeth overlap the lower teeth too much.
-> Braces are one of the most effective ways to keep your teeth in desired or proper alignment. Braces not only enhance your appearance but the health of your mouth and the way you bite, chew, and speak.
-> Type of Braces
With the changing time and technology, these days along with traditional metal braces and techniques:
a) Metal Braces
- Metal or traditional braces are the most common types of braces.
- These metal braces work by applying the forces to the teeth and connecting them with a wire.
- The wire is tied to the braces using elastic.
- To move the teeth, the orthodontist makes adjustments to the wire at your appointments every 4-6 weeks.
- These braces require care and attention and good oral hygiene is a must throughout treatment.
Metal Braces are traditional braces made of complete metal. They have brackets attached to the front surface of the teeth or bands that fix around each tooth. Also, these flexible wires or archwires hold the brackets or bands. Furthermore, some braces are also made of rubber bands or metal ties that connect the brackets to the wire.
At Dr. Vijay’s Dental Spa, you will get the best and affordable braces treatment with proper prescription and advice. Get in touch to know more.
b) Ceramic Braces
- Ceramic braces are made up of clear, tooth-colored materials.
- These braces work in the same way as metal braces but are more discreet and less visible.
- Ceramic braces are most popular among patients who don’t want to go for Invisalign or lingual braces, but want to straighten their teeth in an affordable way,
Ceramic braces are made with tooth-colored ceramic, they look like traditional braces in the shape. They are made with the idea of not getting noticed that you are wearing braces. Also, they can be made with gold, stainless steel, or clear material. These braces simply align your teeth in a less noticeable way.
To know more about this type of braces, get in touch with Dr. Vijay’s Dental Spa. Here you will get a range of braces that will leave you with endless options matching your appearance.
c) Lingual Braces
- Lingual braces are fixed back of the teeth which makes them invisible to other people.
- These braces are well suited for adults who do not want noticeable braces.